Scabies is one of the most common diseases that your cat can suffer, in which mites are installed on your skin, causing very annoying and irritating infections and symptoms such as itching, rashes, peeling skin, among others. It is a very contagious skin condition and these mites can spread between pets very easily. For this reason, it is advisable to act as soon as possible and give our pet the appropriate treatment to ensure their well-being and good health. In this article on unComo.com we show you how to cure scabies in cats with home remedies.
Steps to follow:
- The symptoms of scabies are very easy to recognize, they are very visible and will cause a very great discomfort to your cat. If your cat suffers scabies, you will notice that it scratches and rubs its ears constantly to try to find some kind of relief. It is possible that even the pain that you feel, your cat will cry when scratching, in addition you will also see that it moves and shakes its head insistently, that it has cerumen secretions in the ear and with an intense smell. The inflammation of the ears is usually strong, and if left untreated it can cause the blood vessels to break after scratching.
- The important thing is to remedy this scabies mite infection as soon as possible so that your cat can quickly get over it. Here we are going to recommend some natural remedies that we hope will be useful for your feline to recover. The white vinegar, for example, is very effective in curing scabies because of its acid content, since it will help to get rid of the remains of mites in the ear. You can dilute a little vinegar by adding water and pour the solution into the auditory pavilion, this treatment you can not use if you have open wounds, it could aggravate them.
- Another natural remedy to fight scabies on your cat is the use of corn oil. It will act against mites very effectively and help relieve itching. You must massage the oil inside your ear and make sure that no area is free, you can use this treatment for at least 12 days and you will see how the mites disappear and your cat's skin heals.
- You can also treat scabies mites with olive oil, as it is moisturizing and will greatly reduce itching in the affected area. You just have to apply a few drops of olive oil in those areas most damaged and then massage to penetrate well into your skin. In addition to this, it is very important that when treating scabies in extreme cats precautions regarding their hygiene. You must use dry shampoos that are antibacterial to clean the cat's skin, because the mites can easily spread to other parts of the body aggravating the condition considerably. If you have doubts about this, consult with the veterinarian and follow all the instructions provided.
- The same effects that olive oil brings, you can also get them with a solution based on almond oil and vitamin E. You will have to heat the contents to room temperature and apply the mixture with a dropper, keep in mind that this treatment you must administer it every 48 hours for at least 6 days. Another good alternative as a treatment for mites is boric acid, as it has antiseptic properties and is a good solution to clean your cat's ear, cure the infection and restore the skin affected by scabies.
- And finally, so that your cat does not return to be invaded by mange, it is highly recommended that you acquire a cleaning routine once every month and deworm it in the proper way to keep it protected. Thus, you will prevent the presence and growth of mites. And remember that if you have more than one pet at home, the best way to avoid contagion is to isolate your cat until you fight the infection.
This website was created for free with Own-Free-Website.com. Would you also like to have your own website?
Sign up for free